Good morning. Welcome back to Day 2 with guest designer Judy Hayes. Judy has some beautiful notebooks to share with you today.
Happy Tuesday! I’m back for Day 2 as Guest Designer!
Today, I have a collection of little notebooks to share. I like gifts like these to keep on hand when I need just a little gift.
I wanted these to have a somewhat vintage worn look so my coloring isn’t exact! I like that look! You can easily make them differently to fit your style!
The basic directions are the same for each book, only the paper and coloring are a little different.
Here are the basic directions:
1. Cut cardstock: composition book – 4 ½ x 6 7/8”, strip - 3/8 x 7”, card tag - 1 7/8 x 3 ¾”
2. Stamp French Rose Background Stamp with Espresso ink over half. Ink again and stamp remaining half.
3. Color with markers and water pen. Set aside to dry
4. Stamp sayings from Grand Sentiments across strip – I put all 3 sayings on my block and repeated across strip.
5. Apply adhesive with Xyron to back of cover and strip
6. Fasten cover over composition book. Cut corners round to match book. Trim any excess
7. Fasten sayings strip around book. Trim ends
8. Form tag. Stamp frame and verse from For All You Do Vintage Labels Three with Espresso ink. Add color with markers. Punch hole in corner
9. Tie tag to book with twine.
……and the differences:
White cover: This is the only one that I applied the color directly with the markers – Angel Pink, Pistachio and Cantaloupe. I used a water pen to spread the color a little. I also swiped the water pen over the script area. Since Espresso ink is water based, it bleeds a little with water. I used a narrow ribbon rather than twine.
Ivory cover: I used my water pen to apply the color on this cover and tag. I scribbled the marker on my glass work surface and then applied the color as a watercolor. Markers are: Rhubarb Stalk, Olive Grove and Cantaloupe. I swished more color over the script on this one. I also applied Antique Linen ink over the entire cover once it was completed. Most of my projects get a touch of Distress ink!!! I had to hold back on the other covers to keep them simpler!
Kraft cover: This is my favorite! It’s amazing how different the same colors look on Kraft paper versus Ivory. Markers: Rhubarb Stalk, Olive Grove, and Cantaloupe. I applied them with a water pen. I like how faded they look!
I hope you’ve enjoyed these little notebooks!
Stop back tomorrow! I have a “sweet” card and box to share!
JustRite® Papercraft CL-04355 French Rose Background Stamp
JustRite® Papercraft SW-04420 For All You Do Vintage Labels Three
JustRite ® Papercraft CR-03885 Grand Sentiments
Small Composition Books – 3 ¼ x 4 ½”
Ranger Espresso Ink
Distress Antique Linen Ink
Tsukineko Memento Markers – Angel Pink, Rhubarb Stalk, Pistachio, Olive Grove, Cantaloupe
Cardstock – White, Kraft, Ivory
Xyron 510 and Permanent Adhesive
Pink Sheer Ribbon