Good morning. We would like to thank Judy Hayes for being our guest designer this week. Her projects have been amazing! You can continue to be inspired by checking out Judy's blog - Creating...My Style.
I’m happy to be back for my third day as a guest designer! I want to say “Thank you!” JustRite for giving me this opportunity! It’s been fun!
Today, I have a much different project than yesterday! I go from rustic to elegant with my projects! I like doing both styles. This card and gift box fits the elegant and beautiful style!
I started this card with the stamped frame around “Sweet Friend” and the butterfly from JustRite Grand Sentiments. I really like both of those stamps! Next I chose Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles to cut the frame. This stamp set is designed to work with Resplendent Rectangles! So perfect together!!
When I decided to make a coordinating box, I was so pleased to discover the decorative rectangle stamp fit so well across the box top and flaps. I love how it looks on the side of each box flap! Either of the small frame stamps from For All You Do Vintage Labels Three work perfectly on top of the box! You can’t really see much it under the butterfly.
Here are the directions:
1. Form 4 ½ x 6 ½” cream card.
2. Fasten 4 3/8 x 6 3/8” sage mat to card
3. Cut and fasten 4 ¼ x 6 ¼” brown dot mat to card
4. Cut and emboss Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangle #5 (#1 being the smallest) from cream cardstock. Before removing paper from die template, sponge on Antique Linen ink along inner edge. Remove from die and fasten to card
5. Cut/emboss sage paper with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangle #3 and 4 nested together. Before removing die templates, apply Versamark ink to narrow border between dies. Remove dies. Apply gold embossing powder and heat. Fasten to card with craft glue.
6. Cut cream card stock with Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangle #3. Stamp decorative open rectangle from Grand Sentiments with Versamark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder. Stamp “Sweet Friend” with Versamark and heat emboss with gold.
8. With sponge applicator apply Antique Linen ink to interior of rectangle. (Use painter’s tape or Post-It notes to mask edge if needed.)
9. Stamp “Have a Great Day” with Espresso ink.
10. Fasten greeting piece inside sage frame on card front.
11. Add pearls
12. Stamp butterfly on vellum with Versamark ink and heat emboss with gold embossing powder. Cut with the matching Spellbinders Wonderful Wings die template. Color back of butterfly with teal marker
13. Fasten butterfly to card with small strip of foam square. Add pearls
14. Tie loose bow in silk ribbon. Fasten beneath butterfly with glue dot.
1. Cut/emboss box base from brown dot paper with Spellbinders Square Bracket Edge Box. Fold and fasten together with Scor-Tape.
2. Cut/emboss box top from cream card stock.
3. Stamp Grand Sentiments decorative rectangle across box top and flaps with Versamark ink. Repeat across opposite flaps. Heat emboss with gold embossing powder.
4. Apply Antique Linen ink on each flap within embossing lines. Mask with painter’s tape if needed.
5. Stamp rounded square from For All You Do Vintage Labels Three with Versamark and heat emboss with gold in center of box top.
6. Assemble box top with Scor-Tape
7. Repeat Card Step 12 for butterfly. Fasten to box top with foam tape
8. Tie loose bow in ribbon. Fasten under butterfly with glue dot.
9. Add pearls to box edges.
Thank you so much for visiting! I hope I’ve inspired you in some way!
JustRite® Papercraft CR-03885 Grand Sentiments
JustRite® Papercraft SW-04420 For All You Do Vintage Labels Three (box)
Spellbinders™ S5-147 Resplendent Rectangles
Spellbinders™ LF-006 Wonderful Wings
Spellbinders™ LF-010 Square Bracket Edge Box (box)
KaiserCraft paper– 75 Cent Paper Pad, Weave Sage
KaiserCraft Pearls - Chino
Distress Ink - Antique Linen
Ranger Queen’s Gold Embossing Powder
Tsukineko Versamark Ink, Memento Teal Zeal ink pad or marker
White Silk Ribbon
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L™ – 3D Foam Squares
Glue Dots – Mini Glue Dots
Scor-Pal® - ¼” Scor-Tape